With school starting tomorrow this is the last real summer day for all the kiddos to go together. It was a perfect day weather wise and we had a absolute blast. We spent a good two hours splashing around and enjoying the sunshine. It was perfect, and as usual it was impossible to get all the cute kiddos in one picture together.
Monday, August 18, 2014
** This is NOT a sponsored review. I purchased my Nicki's Bamboo All in One or NBAIO as they are commonly called directly from their website.
I purchased my first NBAIO in January of 2014 about 6 months after they were first launch. I shied away from buying one because my kiddo is a HEAVY wetter and we had not had luck with the previous all in ones we had tried like the Thirsties, Elemental, Freetime and Grovia. So I waited until more reviews appeared on the Nicki's Diapers website. I kept seeing more and more of them saying they worked for light wetters overnight. So I finally decided to give one a try. We started with that Grape solid one and now have close to a full rainbow.
What makes the NBAIO different?
1) Absorbency, this diaper has thick thirsty bamboo terry it looks like a fluffy bath towel on the inside, and there is an additional layer of bamboo attached to the body of the diaper itself. Also because they are bamboo instead of microfiber you never get compression leaks.
2) The option to snap out the soaker. If you look closely in the picture below you can see where the insert snaps to the shell of the diaper. So basically you can dry the diaper inserts on the high heat they require (I find they took a full 90 minutes to dry).
3) We really like the rolled elastic, while its a little tricky to tuck it in we find it much softer on chunky thighs. The picture below is how it looks when it first goes on, then you tuck it in so none of the inner bamboo is showing.
4) Fit- This diaper fits my 30 pound 2 year old (50th percentile all around) on the middle rise. He has lots of room to grow. Likewise my daycare kiddo uses them on the first rise at a mere 15 pounds and they fit him great too. While they may look fluffy they really are actually are quite trim, my son just has a HUGE bubble but. The diaper actually does cover his whole bum cheek I just didn't take the time to do so before snapping the picture.
5) Price- These diapers are an amazing deal at 15 dollars a piece. I also have found them on sale as low as $13 at Christmas time and around $11 used on the diaper swaps (although you won't see many of them because they are so popular)
Cons- These may not be good for daycare diapers because the rolling in at the legs and the longer soaker may confuse people not familiar with cloth diapers. Also children sensitive to wetness with require a stay dry liner.
Ultimately, we LOVE the NBAIO and can't say enough good things about them. If you haven't tried one already watch out you may love them too.