Saturday, March 14, 2015

Lillebaby Complete-All Seasons Review





The Lillebaby Complete is a 6 in one carrier. You can use it from birth to 45 pounds. It has a setting for a newborn/infant to be legs in and legs out. The newborn infant setting can also be used to forward face children that a are at least 3 months and have good head control.  When the baby can comfortably extend their legs the full width of the carrier the regular panel setting can be used.  You can also carry a large child (who sits independently) on your back. Overall its incredibly versatile. 



What makes the All Season model of the Lillebaby unique is that it includes a zip down mesh panel (and a mesh backed waistband) but standard cotton straps (no mesh rubbing on your underarms). I love the this new version of the All Seasons has a zippered hood or phone pocket (previous versions do not have this feature). 




The body panel is 12" without the headrest. The waistband is a wide 6" of padding. 






The total length from base to top of the headrest is 18" I was being wrestled by a toddler so the picture didn't turn out quite right. 



The panel width or seat width is a generous 14.5" inches. When put in a forward facing or infant setting the width is 5 inches at the narrowest point (pictured below). 




The arm strap padding is a generous 23" and the entire length from begging of the straps the end of the padding and canvas is 25". The arm straps are dual adjusting, so you can tighten the straps without being a contortionist. 






Fit:

This carrier has a lot of arm padding so you get a comfy fit, no buckle rubbing at all.

** Petite wearer note- I was not able to get this thing tight enough in a back carry. I am a size 0/2 and 5'4" and could pull inches of slack off my shoulders with a 18 pound 12 month old. In the third picture down you can see how tight I have it cinched. 






On a positive not the darted seat helps you get a very deep seat for the kiddos bum. I also loved the pad on the chest buckle. 




Because the arm padding is so long you can really pull the chest clip low this is a complain I have with the standard kinder pack (I feel choked by the chest strap). I could have moved the clip down two more inches. This also is great for people who like a low chest clip when back carrying (I am one of them). 


Pros-
- Runs large (great for a plus size adult) the arm padding is very generous at 24" long.
- No infant insert needed
- Headrest to support the head of a infant or the back of a taller child.
- Unique lumbar support and chest clip cover


Cons-
- A bad fit for the petite wearer. I am 5'4" and this carrier was HUGE on me. I could not get in clinched tightly enough in a back carry.