Thursday, September 13, 2012

Baby Day

Helping mommy get ready for little brother
This morning I woke up at 1 am, a little earlier than my usual 3 am bathroom trip. Ahh the joys of being 9 months pregnant. I was able to go back to sleep for another hour, and again had to pee. This time when I laid down I could not get comfortable (shocker). I played around with pillows etc, but between a violently active unborn child and frequent mildly painful contractions I was simply unable to get back to sleep. So at 3:30 I gave up, and started cleaning my house (its already pretty freaking clean), folded and put away diapers and ate something since I was starving.

39 weeks
Well those lovely contractions are not going away and so we will be heading the hospital. Coincidentally we had set up an induction with my midwife for 7am. She and I felt pretty good about it in the baby is doing awesome, and I am already 4cm, effaced, and otherwise ready to go (my due date is the 15th). I feel so incredibly blessed to be getting a "get out of jail free" card so to speak. Having never experienced the torture of being 40 plus weeks pregnant.

I cannot begin to describe how blessed I have been. I know so many women who struggle with sickness that far far surpassed my own brief stint of morning sickness. Women who rather than having a short 10 week bout of pelvic pain are unable to walk, roll over etc without excruciating pain. Likewise I know women who gain uncomfortable amounts of water weight and struggle to fit into any clothes and have trouble  moving, whereas I caught myself whining that my pre-pregnancy jeans stopped buttoning this week (don't worry I don't thing I am big, I was just sad to not have something other than sweats to wear).

I have a wonderful husband and adorable two year old, as well as an extended family who loves and cares for me. I cannot wait to bring another little boy into my wonderful family. I cannot thank God enough for all he has given me, I pray that all goes well today and that pretty soon we have pictures and happy stories to share :).

Last night out as a party of 3 :)