Monday, June 11, 2012

Kicking It Old School: Cleaning With Oldies But Goodies





After getting fed up cleaning my hard water stains off my shower door and fixtures I hit up pinterest for some tried and true tips. I stumbled upon several "pins" that suggest the same cleaners I had been using with only some of the cleaners really doing the job.



Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Works just fine, no problems there
Magic Erasers: Great on some aspects of bathroom and home cleaning (like removing crayon), but was not making a dent on the hard water deposits.
Kaboom: Great for cleaning hard water off the fixtures, but it take 3-4 applications, so okay but not stellar.
Windex: It works just fine, but I am all ears for something better.

Cleaning Old School

Bathroom:



Basically you can clean hard water with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and lemons :)

Oven:



Vinegar and Baking Soda strike again :)



What are your favorite cleaning tips?









4 comments:

  1. Cleaning is brooming and moping that are used to remove dirt, including dust, stains, bad smells, and clutter on surfaces.It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views.
    School Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice link list. Great helpful. Your collection of this link is Superb.Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
    furniture cleaning geelong
    deck cleaning geelong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog you have got here.. It’s hard to find excellent writing like yours these days.
    carpet cleaning geelong
    furniture cleaning geelong
    kitchen cleaning geelong

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete