Monday, August 29, 2011

Dinner Desparation

I always thought that I would eventually develop a love of cooking. My mom is a great cook, so is my mother in law, I am not even a particularly bad cook. I don't mind grocery shopping, and I love sitting down to eat a delicious meal.


Yet I still absolutely despise cooking, because it involves 1) deciding what to make 2) making sure that we can afford to buy the ingredients and 3) taking the time to prepare it. I guess despise is a little harsh. I do actually enjoy cooking for groups, for some reason it seems to make the stress of deciding what to make, and the effort to make it seem more worth it (not that G and Mr. B are not worth making a good meal for).


Maybe I just need some more dinner ideas, or better yet maybe I need to hear everyone's strategies on how to decide what is for dinner this week. I currently just look at what is on sale, what I have on the pantry and then think a menu items that combine them. This only usually yields about 3 good dinner ideas, and then we end up eating leftovers, sandwiches, or something random.


What are some meals you eat at least every month? How do you decide what is for dinner?




Tonight: We had Chinese Chicken Salad made with Romaine Lettuce, Sliced Teriyaki chicken (cold and sliced), Sesame Ginger Dressing (from Costco), mandarin oranges, and fried wonton strips (slice and fry uncooked eggroll wrappers). Delicious!