Sunday, August 21, 2011

Volunteering Pioneer Style

When I was in college I worked at This Is The Place historical village. As a history buff it was an absolute treat to dress up in 1800s garb and talk to people about history all day. Since leaving that job I found that I missed it terribly, so this summer Benton and I volunteered up there. So every Monday we dressed up and headed up there.. Oh and I am pretty proud of the fact that I could oh so cleverly disguise my beloved baby carrier. Tourists made the cutest comments one of which included calling Benton a Koala (that one came from an Australian guest). We had a blast, it is something we hope to do for years to come.






We never managed to get a decent looking picture of the two of us together so here is a picture of me from back when I worked there (for money).  I definitely did not don a hoop skirt and do my hair all fancy unless it was a holiday weekend like the 4th of July. On the day this picture was taken I was asked which Disney Princess I was.